Tuesday, May 8, 2012

I Have MAD Ninja Skills


Bet rest can take its toll on your body. You lose muscle mass quickly and this can affect your ability to move suddenly.

Or so you think.

It was bed time, a very normal, typical bed time in our house. All the four-leggers went out for the last potty break. Husband and I got water and took my prenatals and other such stuff. Someone turned on the TV. The four leggers came back. Small dog jumped on the bed to start doing his nightly routine  of circling the same spot 589 times before he slept. 

Nothing unusual, that is, until my husband fluffed the comforter.

I didn’t know what it was, but it was dark and dense and it came flying at me out of nowhere and hit me in the chest.

“OH MY GOD!”  I screamed. I jumped straight up in the air, did some sort of X-Men, Chuck Norris kick and immediately landed on all fours on the other side of the bed (booyah!).

“WHAT THE HELL IS IT??!?!” I screamed, with a voice so shrill I believe I heard a bat crash into the side of the house.

“What? What is it?” My husband said in a tone of voice that clearly did not grasp the danger of the situation or seem impressed by my mad Ninja reflexes.

“ I don’t see anything. Calm down.” He calmly (and with no superpowers) stated.

“IT’S HUGE AND BLACK AND IT FELL FROM THE SKY AND I THINK IT BIT ME! GET IT BEFORE IT KILLS US ALL! I BET YOUR CAT BROUGHT IT IN! HE DIES AT DAWN! OH MY GOD, IT MOVED! WHAT THE HELL IS IT?!?!” (Another bat hits the side of the house).

“Babe, let me look….” He moves the blanket and peers over at this mystery thing.

“It’s a…”

“YES?”

“A…..hmmm?”

“You’re killing me smalls. What is it?” I’m speaking in non-sonar effecting tones now.

“It appears to be a ………………….. FRUIT SNACK!” He said and then…. He ate it.


The moral of the story is, don’t eat fruit snacks in bed and don’t underestimate yourself in a fight or flight scenario. You may develop super human-Chuck-Norris like powers, even at 6 months pregnant.




No comments:

Post a Comment