Tuesday, May 29, 2012

I Don’t Like Your Face


“ I don’t like your heart rate Jennifer.” My doctor said at 7am.

“I’m sorry you feel that way. I don’t like your face.” I totally did  not say that but I really thought about it. A lot.

“Do you have any idea why it’s so high?” He continued. Cause now I'm a doctor.*

*It was 7 am. I was grumpy. I know I sound snotty.

“Well, this isn’t exactly Disneyland. Every time I see someone with a tag that says MD, I get more “facts” about complications caused by pre-term delivery. I relate it to that. What are your concerns?” I asked him.

“I’m going to check your thyroid and run a bunch of other tests.” He stated, in a dramatically serious tone.

“Ok… Listen, can my dogs come visit me?  It would do wonders for my anxiety.” I asked him.

“SURE! Here’s all the rules they have to follow. What kind of dogs do you have?” He brightened up right away….

Small Dog AND Big Dog got to visit me! Clint had to bring them up separately. Everyone loved Small Dog. He was soooooo well behaved. I’m still not convinced he wasn’t slipped some Benedryl. He slept on my bed for a few hours just like at home.

 Big Dog was excited too and, as usual, made it a show. Clint said he was stopped by security twice to verify she was ok to be in the hospital and she made a nurse jump when she rested her giant head on the counter at the nurses’ station. I’m guessing they don’t see too many 140 lb Dogs in Labor and Delivery.

My heart rate has been down ever since. SO THERE!!!

My tests results all came back fine too.

No comments:

Post a Comment